Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thought i was losing it… but now i know i have lost IT!!!

Now the reality seems to be looking me straight in the eyes and i am confronted with my stolen words way back “…i can see clearly now the rain is gone…” It use to be a song just like any other with its words touching deep down the soul of the listener, but to me this meant more than just words.

It use to be what i hoped for with a promise of making the best use of it and being the best amongst the rest ‘primus inter pares’ but its obvious i have lost it.

Where did i miss it? This question hurts me! though many model answers are running across my mind but i can’t seem to pin point on the particular source of my wrong step…

Yea i didn’t think it through before i made my decision…

i tried as much as possible to shy away from the/my reality…

i tried my best to keep away from knowing more than i needed to…

tried my best to make my views known…

tried my best to state my likes and dislike…

tried my best to always be the best!!!

but it seems my best wasn’t good enough… on a second thought i disagree my best was good enough but it takes more than me to make it worthwhile… what is the essence of a vision to a CEO if his lowest paid staff doesn’t agree with him? and he goes ahead to ruin a clear vision… but he is the CEO, why not sack 6he man and get someone who would share your vision!  Am i like the CEO? that sound BOSSY! and trust me its not one of the traits i have/had/or will ever have.

But it seems its clear… DON’T GO WITH PEOPLE WHO DON’T SHARE THE SAME VISION AS YOU because all they will do is drag you down and hinder the possibility of a success.

Yea i have lost it and fortunately its a piece not far from being fixed… all i need is just the grace to pull it through and i will sing once more saying “…i can see clearly now the rain is gone…” simply because we learn everyday with every moment and experience.

Tope Omoniyi

(c) 2010

2 comments:

  1. yeah that's my boy im proud of you boy. But what is the IT you are talking about I hope all is well man. The end seems to reveal something cant put my finger to it. you wrote this this year right hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol its just for my understanding alone heheheheh...

    ReplyDelete